Zeux is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to the www.zeux.com website (“Website”) and sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Website, you are accepting and consenting to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
We may collect personal data from you, such as your e-mail address, name, address or telephone number. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postal code. Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as: your prefix, first name, last name, email address, billing address, payment information, purchase details, personal website, country, industry and mobile number. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as the URL clickstream to and from our website, your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. Technical Data will also include page response times, download errors, visits to pages and products, page interaction information and any forms completed.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, and give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How we collect your Personal Data
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Bing, Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Use of your Personal Information
We use personal information whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us to:
- Provide you with information and promotional emails of our products and services.
- Contact you via any surveys to conduct research about our current services or new services that we may offer.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- Study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy
- We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims
We use personal information which we automatically collect from you to:
- Administer the Website for internal purposes including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing.
- Improve our Website and ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website and our services when you chose to do so.
- Keep our Website safe and secure
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
Use of Technical and Anonymous data
We may use technical and anonymous data such as details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you are agreeing to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from by us by email
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes. You can change your mind easily through one of the following options:
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Click ‘unsubscribe’ from any emails we send to your email address
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or lease any personal information we hold to third parties. We may share your information:
- With business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we have entered into with you.
- With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- To a prospective buyer or seller, where necessary, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect our rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Zeux, our customers or others.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Please note that if you directly disclose personal information through public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others and we will not be liable for this.
We do not collect the following information
We do not collect any data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Security of your personal information
The data we collect is stored primarily within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, there may be occasions during technical maintenance and security updates whereby the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All data captured will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to access such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to and from our Website – it is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect it.
International Transfers of Data
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We decide the correct amount of time to keep the data by looking at the contents, its nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information that we hold about you.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Any request for access to the data may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. Please submit your request in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you may be asked to verify your identity before the request can be accepted.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any policy practices outside of www.zeux.com. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Cookies are small text files – containing letters and numbers – which are downloaded by your computer when you access and use certain websites. Cookies allow our Website to recognise a device and provide content accordingly. We recommend that you accept all cookies from our Website (detailed below), as they have been designed to enhance the service that this Website provides you.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- Test content on our website. e.g. A/B testing of content
- Store information about your preferences
- To recognise when you return to our website
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
If you choose to disable any of these cookies, then you may impair the functionality of the Website and you may not experience all its features in the way it was designed to be enjoyed. To disable cookies, we suggest that you set your browser to disable cookies for www.zeux.com. This option usually appears under “Tools” or “Settings” in a section called “Privacy” and is intuitive. Browsers implement this feature differently, so please refer to your browser help section for detailed information. Alternatively, search the internet for “Disabling cookies with X browser” where X is your browser name.
Google Analytics cookies used on this site
Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google that uses several cookies. The cookies set by Google Analytics are used to help us gather information about how this website is used by visitors. The information is not personally identifiable, and is simply used to track and improve the level of service our Website is providing. More information on the cookies that are set through our use of Google Analytics can be found on Google’s Cookies & Google Analytics page. If you wish to disable these cookies, please use the opt-out browser add-on supplied by Google. Alternatively, you can set your browser to reject all or certain cookies. Disabling cookies set by Google Analytics will not reduce the service provided to you.
Session and load balancer cookies used on this site
Our Website may use a ‘load balancer’ to store an identifier on your browser to help keep you connected to the same web server throughout your visit (for a smoother browsing experience). Similarly, session cookies contain no personally identifiable information, but enable our individual web servers to keep track of your progress throughout your visit. They expire as soon as you leave our Website.